About IPFW ASCE
The mission of the IPFW Student Chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers is to enhance the personal and professional development of civil engineering students, and to expose those students to the professional civil engineering community. As well as exposing the community at large to civil engineering as an honorable profession of education and service through technical, professional, civic, and social activities by active participation in technical presentations, professional meetings, community service projects, and participation in annual ASCE design competitions.
Founded in 1852, The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is a national network of professional civil engineers. It is the oldest national engineering society in the United States.
ASCE's mission is to provide indispensable value to its members and their careers; to its partners and to the public. ASCE seeks to provide value by:
- Developing leadership skills in its members and supporting civil engineer leaders.
- Facilitating advancement of the technology utilized by the profession.
- Encouraging and providing tools for lifelong learning within the profession.
- Advocating infrastructure and environmental stewardship.
- Promoting professionalism and the civil engineering profession.
Visit ASCE for more information.